– By A. Eliamani
Choosing God is like choosing a judge to preside your case. We usually choose advocates but we are not in control of who would be seating as judges. Our Creator and Redeemer is also our Judge and that has pauses a unique situation for those that would choose Him. (Heb 10:30 [KJV]) “For we know him that hath said, Vengeance [belongeth] unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.”
“I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for [there is] a time there for every purpose and for every work.” (Eccl 3:17 [KJV])
Consider the following conditions in existence:
- God is our Creator our Maker he knows us through – he knows where it hurts where it brings joy how to restore, knows our needs before we even ask He knows our weaknesses and our strength. There is nothing about us he does not know. He is judging us with the deepest knowledge of us.
- He is our redeemer – After sin God executed his plan to save us from the bondage of sin by his plan. Love was key drive in that plan. God is the same judging his own creation, those that he has redeemed from eminent destruction. Our choice will determine the direction of the judgment. But judging his redeemed means judging those he love and that he died for!
- The Penal code and the Law in used for passing judgment is the law of love, the Ten Commandments which were given to us by God himself to live by. The same will be applied to judge each created being.
- He is the source of strength, encouragement and victory. (1John 4:4 [KJV]) “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.” Those who have submitted their will to God will be strengthened and be guided to do his will thus avoid the wrath of the judgment upon them.
- The Judge is righteous – unlike the corrupt judges of this world we have a judge that cannot make a wrong judgment all will accept the judgment a fair and deserving (2Tim 4:8 [KJV]) “Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.” “..for he cometh to judge the earth: with righteousness shall he judge the world, and the people with equity.” (Ps 98:9 [KJV])
Better is he that has chosen the righteous judge as his guide and savior his will be smooth and joyous judgment; but woe to them that chose otherwise!
We shall be judged over the sinful life we chose to live, disregarding the law of God and his will for us. Each person will reap what they sowed.
“If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1John 1:8-9 [KJV])